Sunday, January 24, 2010

Why I don't like being snowed in!!

Well, I have a two hour work period booked for Monday morning. I was so excited for the students to make some great progress on their assignment. This has been kiboshed by a snowstorm! Now, for the students who make it to school and actually work they will be way ahead of the rest. For the students who don't show, they will be playing catch up.


As for me, I am snowed in at my acreage. Drifted up to the door and down the driveway...great, frustrating, I'm sure we will here from the division about the "weather policy." Good bye EDO or personal day. Hello emailing a lesson plan in.....

So, I think the kids can work on their projects without Kirk and I.... then I find out my team teacher and my EA are both snowed in also... so notify principal that I need to change my lesson plan for my sub... email the changes, email Kirk, email EA, email Karen, email team teacher... I wish I could just be there!!! Planning to not be there is very time consuming (it is way worse when you are sick and trying to plan)!!!
Hopefully, Karen can deal with the questions the students have with the program.. we were left with a few "dosies" Can I cut a track in the middle of my audio? Can I play background music? Can I draw and scan my pictures? Can I create a drama then add it to my audio.... How do I cite on my pictures without it scrolling or change to a smaller font?
I know everything will be okay for one day without me but why do I feel so guilty for missing work?

3 comments:

  1. You tell 'em sista! It is way more work NOT to be in the classroom than being there! Enjoy your snow day... read a book or do online tutorials (on youtube) about the MovieMaker program!!! Yep,use that time wisely! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So how did they do without us ST(thanks for this Denise)? I am guessing they got by just fine...these are smart kids participating in self-directed learning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. five kids showed up.. no sub available.. I guess I made up my sub plan for no one :) Another teacher called me at 9:30 asking what she was supposed to do with my kids... Where was my sub plan I sent in??? I dictated it to her but she wasn't about to go to the computer lab so the kids worked on math... no digital storytelling done... frustrating!!!

    ReplyDelete